What does it take to turn your carpet cleaning business into a success? If you’re like most cleaning companies, you’re looking to grow your customer base. You can never have too many leads, but this won’t mean much if they’re not hot. Becoming a marketer for your brand is essential if you want to entice prospects to becoming customers. You’ve got commercial carpet steam cleaners and other carpet cleaning equipment you can use to perform excellent jobs.
Now, you need a quality sales strategy to start raking in more customers. There are five key systems that every business should have to grow their company:
- Marketing: This is everything to do with spreading the word about your company and its services.
- Administration: You need organization, so that numbers are being properly tracked.
- Leadership: Without this, everything will be in disarray. Order begins with your teams, so leaders are needed to keep your business moving forward.
- Operations: This is your business model of how you please your customers. The better quality your service, the more happy customers you’ll have (and keep).
- Sales: You can’t expect to grow your business without a sales plan and team. Your company should be actively seeking ways to convert prospects into loyal customers.
Marketing and Sales Go Hand-in-HandDon’t get it twisted – marketing and sales are not the same. The two have a similar end goal, but the methods used to reach it are unique. Marketing is all about attracting customers and sales is about closing the deal. What keeps them around are your operations. If you’re not great in these departments, then you can always resort to hiring an expert or agency that can handle these tasks for you.
When you use sales and marketing together, you can potentially build a winning strategy that will attract more clientele.
Building a Sales System
There are times when businesses get their marketing and sales all wrong. Take for instance this scenario: A guy was looking around for a new car for his wife. He went to the Chrysler website and was impressed with the quick form on the side that put him in touch with a sales agent. The woman was courteous and professional and scheduled an appointment for him to come by the following day. This is all the marketing process. However, once he arrived to the dealership, the woman he spoke to wasn’t there – she was in the internet marketing division. Then the guy that did assist them was poorly trained to where the guy decided to purchase his vehicle from elsewhere.
With that said, you don’t want to focus too much on the marketing and forget about training your sales staff, so they can learn to seal the deal. In sales, it’s all about converting prospecting into paying customers. And it’s all about consistency, just like for your commercial carpet steam cleaners – they need to perform well each and every time.
There are seven key areas of a great sales system:
- Establishing rapport: Build rapport with the prospects that contact you. Find out how they heard about your business and whether someone specifically told them about your company. If so, use that person to help build rapport.
- Connect with customers emotionally: Consumers make purchases based on emotions, so learn how to trigger the right ones.
- Build up your credibility: Start establishing trust and believability right away. Don’t oversell your services – focus on showcasing the benefits of your portable carpet cleaning machine and other carpet cleaning equipment.
- Identify key problems: Then use it to sell them on the benefits of your services.
- Focus on solutions not features: As they say, sell the sizzle not the steak!
- Quote the investment: Not the price – carpet cleaning is an investment that can improve the quality of living in a home.
- Learn to overcome objections: Not everyone is going to buy into your sales tactics, so you need to be prepared for potential objections.